Teacher demonstration videos
As part of the Accreditation application process, or in order to determine which training course is suitable for you, we will require a short video demonstrating the teaching in your school. We would like to see genuine classes in action – not “staged” lessons. Wherever possible, please choose classes with at least two students.
Your video should include at least two teachers; please make sure you include their names so that we can refer to them in our feedback. We need to see each teacher for approximately 10 minutes, with half of the time devoted to revision and the other half to new work. Please do not include readings or dictations.
Please note that the videos do not need to be professionally made, and could even be filmed on a smartphone, as long as the picture and sound are clear enough. If possible, please include the students in the shot along with the teacher.
We would then like you to upload your video to www.youtube.com and publish it privately so that only we can see it, following the instructions below.
Please label your videos clearly with the following information:
- The name of your school
- The email address which the feedback is to be sent to
- The names of the teachers featured
Once we have received and viewed your video, one of our Senior Trainers will contact you with feedback.
How to upload a video to youtube and set it for private viewing only
- Go to www.youtube.com.
- Click on “Sign in”.
- If you already have a Google account, sign in using your gmail address and password. If you don’t have a
google account, click “Create an account” and follow the instructions.
- When you are logged in, click “Upload” and then follow the instructions to upload your demonstration lesson video.
- When your video has finished uploading and processing, click on the box below “Privacy Settings” and select “Private”.
- In the box that appears below, enter the email address email@example.com and then click “Save changes”.
- We will then receive an email containing a private link to your video on YouTube. Nobody else will be able to view the video and its content will not be shared.