Teacher Demonstration Videos
As part of the Accreditation application and renewal process, we need to see some short videos demonstrating the Callan Method teaching in your school. This will allow us to ensure that the teaching meets the required standard, and it will also enable us to provide you with detailed feedback which will be invaluable in the ongoing training and development of your teaching staff.
You must provide videos of at least two teachers for assessment, which are to be submitted via the Callan Accredited Schools Area (https://casa.callanonline.com).
NB – Please add one teacher at a time with their own separate demonstration video(s). This is so that we can provide you with an individual assessment sheet for each teacher.
You can submit your videos either by uploading the video files directly from your computer (or smartphone/tablet) to the CASA (for instructions, see 1 below), or by uploading them to YouTube and then pasting the relevant link into the CASA (for instructions on how to upload your videos to YouTube and set them for private viewing only, please see 2 below).
We need to see each teacher for at least 10 minutes, with half of the time devoted to revision and the other half to new work. Please do not choose classes at absolute beginner level (i.e. the first two or three lessons in Stage 1), as that will not give the teachers the opportunity to demonstrate the full range of their Callan teaching abilities. For the same reason, make sure that the new work teaching includes some sections that do not simply involve reading an explanation from the book. Do not include readings or dictations in the demonstrations.
We would like to see genuine classes in action – not “staged” lessons. Wherever possible, please choose classes with at least two students.
Please note that the videos do not need to be professionally made; they can be easily filmed on a smartphone, as long as the picture and sound are clear enough. If possible, please include the students in the shot along with the teacher, but make sure that the teacher is visible at all times. (If the students are not comfortable with being seen on screen, you can film them from behind so that their faces are not visible.)
Once they have been submitted to the CASA, your videos will be assessed by one of our Senior Trainers, who will provide detailed feedback for each teacher.
1) How to upload a video file from your computer/tablet/smartphone:
- Click “Choose file”
- Navigate to the folder that contains the video file you want to upload
- Select the file
- Click “Open“. It might take a few moments to upload the file. The file has been correctly uploaded when the message “Uploading” disappears and the box below turns green.
IMPORTANT: The maximum file size is 1GB and accepted formats are mp4, mov, wmv, avi, mpeg, m4v and amv.
- When finished, click “Submit videos“, which will save this teacher’s video/s and take you back to the renewal flow.
2) How to upload a video to YouTube and set it for private viewing:
- Go to www.youtube.com.
- Click on “Sign in”.
- If you already have a Google account, sign in using your gmail address and password. If you don’t have a Google account, click “Create an account” and follow the instructions.
- When you are logged in, click “Upload” and then follow the instructions to upload your lesson demonstration video.
- When your video has finished uploading and processing, click on the box below “Privacy Settings” and select “Private”.
- In the box that appears below, enter the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and then click “Save changes”. Nobody else will be able to view the video and its content will not be shared.